Friday, January 30, 2009

Tea & Globalism

This afternoon I had tea at a local watering-hole, courtesy of the Contessa and her literary assistant. It's interesting how many of the foreign outposts of the Atlantean educational system are suddenly alive and thriving in faraway places. There must be a lot of expatriate Atlanteans.

They've agreed to adopt my codex terrestrialis. For each chunk of the codex, I will receive something like a hundred eagles for every hour I spend crafting the material. It is quite a change to be doing something creative that I love and actually being paid what it's worth. It makes a great difference from being told to do it just because I would do it for nearly nothing.

I was given a foreshadowing of things to come. La Contessa tells me that there are many such ways in which a man can make his living, especially in this era of globalism. Apparently, there aren't many educators who can think in multiple disciplines, there aren't many who can draw up a curriculum. To be able to do both is supposed to be a rare talent indeed.

I am thankful for yet another instance of affirmation for my God-given gifts. Life is good, and free black coffee made it better.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home