Friday, November 28, 2008

A Close Brush with Death

I finally swapped my Frankenbrush back for a Pulsar.

The idea of an electrical toothbrush is an old one. It is a little more recent that the source of the electricity has become a battery in the handle. It is even more recent that light-weight synthetics and computer-aided design have minimised the number of moving parts and maximised the brushiness (oh, what a wolfberry word!) of the brush.

The Pulsar is a nice colour. It is mostly blue with golden-yellow vibrating bristles. It has clean and swelling lines that seem to say, "Brush with me, and I will make you clean."

All toothbrushes should say things like that.

My old Frankenbrush was a bad one; it used to say, "Brush with me, and I will make you pay for it in agonising ways; hold hard, or you might be found lying on the ground dead from acute entanglement with a geometry that man was not meant to see."

As you can see, I am beginning to develop an acute appreciation for the quotidian and mundane, for the things I see and use everyday.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home