Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Discovery Channel Blues

I was just leafing through my awfully tall stack of unread reading material. Journals, magazines, books... about 30 items all told. Then I came across the October issue of the Discovery Channel magazine. Interesting headlines.
  • THE MAKING OF AN F1 RACER
  • EVOLUTION GONE WILD: Spore Takes Gaming To New Heights
  • MAN vs NATURE: Jungle Survival Tips For The Urban Male
  • WATER WORLD: The Rise And Fall Of The Angkor Kingdom
  • HIGH-RISE FARMING: Agriculture Grows Up
For some reason, I thought immediately of Singapore, a city-state to which all these headlines seemed to point.

In other news, I have been accumulating copies of The London Review of Books, Science and Scientific American. I used to donate them to the teachers in the school at which I used to work. I wonder if anyone else wants them now. I still think teachers ought to learn as much as they can for as long as they can.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger boonleong said...

What about potential teachers? :D

I think it's rather likely, though, that your collection of past issues of SciAm overlaps substantially with mine.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:50:00 am  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

NBL, do you want Science? I have all of Vol. 321 for this year so far (i.e. from Jul 4, no. 5885). Good journal, well worth joining the AAAS (see http://www.aaas.org).

Friday, October 17, 2008 1:09:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home