Monday, May 19, 2008

Bipartisan

I was always happy to sit in a mediative role, between the embattled man in the field and the stakeholders baying for his throat. I thought I had successfully reached out to both constituencies and I was happy to go about it quietly. It was good for the party. And the party was quite entertaining in its own way.

Then it all fell apart in the space of a month. I suppose it had been brewing for years. But while things fell apart and the centre could not hold, I found new purpose, new relevance, new life and happiness. I didn't fall apart, and things held together for me. For the first time in years, I had days without physical pain.

Sixty days since I found myself in a better and previously unknown state of existence, the old farm is in crisis once again. I find myself curiously incurious as to the outcomes. I just pray that things turn out well for the institution. But I no longer feel like I am being juggled between two constituencies. No man can serve two masters, says the Good Book, and it is true.

I have been comforted for the last two months with other words, though. In my ascent to peace, I fell back on the words from the Psalms that guided me through my army life so long ago. Here they are. God bless you who read them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home