Sunday, May 18, 2008

900

This is my 900th post on this blog.

Fortified by the excrescence of the bean, I have decided to press on with work and ignore the ineffectual pressures which some people have attempted to apply. I mean, if I could not be manipulated and controlled all those years, why should I be any less independent now? Actually, sitting down and thinking of the reasons for which I blog helped to clarify things a lot.

I blog because I am inherently open and information-friendly as far as sharing my thoughts and experiences goes. I do it in class; I do it with friends, colleagues, at Ministry of Education briefings, and wherever there is the chance that communication will occur. I learn from what people tell me; I hope people learn from what I say — it is always an exchange, a trade, an extension to education for all parties.

I believe that if you were to read every single one of my 900 posts, you would learn at least a few things. And if you were to tell me what you thought, in exchange, I would learn even more. That's what education is about.

What I can't stand is when some people think irrational things and act on them in a way that seriously affects other people's lives. Such action-linked irrationality is all right if it is vented in private; it is another matter when it is vented in a destructive way. It is terrible when paranoia triumphs over rigorous thinking; when human fiat triumphs over fair discussion.

As always, I continue to challenge myself with my mission statement. I trust that my readers will bear with me as I continue my blogospheric journey across the face of man's limited knowledge and through the universe of God. Thank you!

=====

Oh yes, those of you from the First, could you please have a look at this and answer it? Much obliged! Could you also tell your classmates about it? Help a suffering PhD candidate out...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

will look into it sir haha

Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:07:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wolf Two signing in.

Monday, May 19, 2008 12:50:00 am  
Blogger † Fabriz † said...

Thanks for the tip on the caffeine, better now... (hopefully)

Monday, May 19, 2008 5:18:00 am  
Blogger The Great Pretender said...

Is the target of this survey only the year 7s? (as of 2008)
If it is, how many responses have you received?
How many responses do you expect you will receive?
Will a response from a 'noob' year 5 (as of 2008) help?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:40:00 am  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

For ethical and legal reasons, the survey will only cover ex-students of the institution and is purely voluntary. No existing staff or students will be polled.

My client hopes to receive as many as 120 responses. The number already received is confidential, as is all specific data collected by the exercise.

Private responses will not be deliberately filtered, but my client in general prefers to receive responses that are well-presented and do not contain content that will be automatically spam-filtered.

Thank you for your inquiries.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:20:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home