Friday, December 28, 2007

Poetry

Yes, occasionally the grey side of me surfaces here and I actually post stuff I have written. It's a terrible failing, I know. I realise that most of my readers hate the stuff and I am not delivering something they want to read.

Well, I'm amenable to criticism as always. There'd be no point otherwise, since this is not really a vanity press. Keep it cleanly critical. And I will try not to offend your sensibilities so often.

Someone once asked me about a poem I wrote and why I wrote it. That poem can be found at this post. Well it was written over a period of four years really, with very small amendments over that time. It was written for an old friend, who is sadly no more with us.

But hey, in this postmodern world, criticism seems to stand on its own without biographical context. I hate that perspective myself, hence my need to develop a context in most of my posts. Ah, that's the paradox: the more you know, the less the text alone speaks to you. So where is the balance point?

I don't know. Why should I? It's poetry.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger xinhui said...

lol. I now present the real First lady of court, Miss Limeswirls.

Friday, December 28, 2007 11:17:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home