Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Wintersmith

I normally post book reviews over at Bookbinding. But I'd just like to mention Terry Pratchett's Wintersmith, which I finished reading in those spare moments of fatigue in between Christmas shopping, walking around in a daze, eating too much, and sleep. Just a quick mention, I promise. Here goes.

It's an excellent book about pagan attitudes to the Ülltide season, in a way. But it is heartwarming, funny, and about people who aren't very good at understanding people, as well as people who understand people too well. It's the latest installment in the Discworld collection, specifically the books about the Lancre witches and Tiffany Aching (and her friends the Wee Free Men).

There. Have fun! And a merry Christmas to you all.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger xinhui said...

Hey! I found a cool book that reminds me of two ravens...it's about the dialectics and plato. Heh. Wonder whether that was the book that inspired you.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 5:51:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xinhui: if it's by Jostein Gaarder, probably not; Two Ravens was inspired by Norse mythology, the Old Testament, Neil Gaiman, Ted Hughes and many other sources, but not Gaarder as far as I can tell...

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 2:09:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home