Monday, December 03, 2007

Nine Muses (Redux)

Very amusing situation, a who-are rather than a who-is. Lunch with Morningblade and Paladin beckoned. And amongst the chaos and everything, comes the question, "Who are the Nine Muses you wrote about?"

Well, I must confess that I did a direct translation from the Greek texts, which accounts for the names and iconography. While I was doing that translation, nine very specific young ladies came to mind, all of whom (sadly) are not much longer for the Age which is soon passing. So I did have images about who they might look like, but I must stress that the goddess-phenotypes and goddess-archetypes all came first.

It just so happens that they resemble nine young ladies whose acquaintance I am honoured to have had. And that is all there is to it. I suppose that they young men of that cohort might be able to guess which ones, and I would probably acquiesce to the issuance of model answers. But again, I say, girls are girls; goddesses are goddesses; and you really should not confuse the two on pain of mortal agony and terror.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

The trouble with archetypes being that it plays havoc on self-affirming bias - you recognise what you want to recognise.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 6:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home