Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Burnout

Ho. I got home, turned on my network, and BANG! FIZZT. Smoke plumed outward and upward from my cable modem.

Three hours later, it's been replaced. Moral of the story: do not use components for 12 years in a row without refurbishment or regeneration in part or in whole.

Costly in time (though not money), that. I am now bound to the service provider for two years. Representative of said service provider was astounded that I had brought in this museum piece and also that somehow I had not been under contract for ten years. I got the replacement free.

Heh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dlanorpi said...

Amazing. I never thought (de)modulation equipment can even function for that long.

Glad that there's no major damages sustained.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:31:00 am  
Blogger Ken Tay said...

representative also heaped scorn on my modem because it was "2 years old"

Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home