Saturday, June 02, 2007

Affair of the Heart

(guest starring several other organs)

A serenade is coursing through my gut:
The wine and other wine and soup and beer,
The pesky discourse of the radiant slut,
The urinary moiety of fear.
Still here to come the stew of Irish style
That loiters with a cannibal intent,
A battery of a salt-and-pepper guile
Provoking now dyspeptic accident.

Then comes the coffee and the last goodbye.
And suddenly the shock is too damn near;
A last tear for the last girl of my eye.
My tent! My hut! My residence so dear!
The lawyers and their wallet-turning thugs
Make alimonious hell of secret hugs.

=====

Yes, this is a proper post again, done in some sort of Irish comic-poetry style. Actually, it's a sort of Petrarchan/Shakespearean sonnet, written for online-literature.com. "Woohoo!" (...as Luke might say.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Fia said...

Saw your comment today on my blog, sounds like you are a coffee addict like myself ;) Now, I'm curious, how did you find me in this blog-ocean? Was it a Gaiman-search (cause I saw that you like blogs about him). I like Neil, he's a good author.

Sunday, June 03, 2007 12:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home