Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bookmeme

Oh dear, Herr Ofannt has launched a very tempting bookmeme. I have no choice but to join in. I think a set of 20 questions is a bit too much, so... what are the ten sources of these last lines of (some of my favourite) books? Answers are below, in hard-to-see text.

1. "Do you think I paid any attention to what you said?"

2. "And they walked away, together through the hole in the wall, back into the darkness, leaving nothing behind them; not even the doorway."

3. "For this is where my story ends."

4. "...may your lives be blessed by the beauty that has touched mine. Farewell."

5. "The the parrot, startled perhaps by the clamour of the passing train, flew up into the rafters of the station roof, where, in flawless mockery of the voice of a woman whom none of them would ever meet or see again, it began, very sweetly, to sing."

6. "The two guns roared out almost simultaneously. Almost."

7. "Poor Eric came home to see his brother, only to find (Zap! Pow! Dams burst! Bombs go off! Wasps fry: ttssss!) he's got a sister."

8. "We may walk it ourselves, in time, in chance, in hope. Who knows?"

9. "Then he saw the sister of Gregory, the girl with the gold-red hair, cutting lilac before breakfast, with the great unconscious gravity of a girl."

10. "...this side the grave, I will live as becomes the man whom she loves; and, for the other side, I must pray a dreamless sleep."
=====

Answers: Yes, I did say there'd be answers. I even put them up for a while. But I decided I wanted to say more about these books later on... Heh.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2)JSaMN (Good stuff)
3)A poem...Argh!
4)BoB (Haha!)
5)This is too familiar.
7)tWF (Nasty shocker)
9)Chesterton. Don't know which one.
10) PoZ (I loved that book)

Sunday, July 01, 2007 2:47:00 pm  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

JSaMN??? and I am sure there are no poems here.

Sunday, July 01, 2007 3:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant "NeWh". Pardon me for that, I happened to be looking at JSaMN yesterday. There's a tim powers here, somewhere, isn't there?

Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home