Monday, June 11, 2007

50: Previews

It dawned on me a few moments ago that I've been writing previews of 50, the moment in your life when you say, "Half-century!" and immediately wonder why you thought, "Gold!" A lot of the angst-ridden moments in this blog are '50 Previews'. I would probably have looked at 52 as well, except that DC Comics had already got there.

But within a couple of months, this particular blog will probably have reached its 500th post. It would have got there much sooner, except that there were intermittent disruptions along the route. When I first started blogging, it was an odd experience. The blogosphere was tiny and we didn't know it was called blogging. That was a long time ago. Then I started this one. I was amazed to find how different the experience of the 21st century was compared to the 20th. And a lot of people are uncomfortable with it. Hence, intermittent disruptions.

I've decided, however, to reveal a small secret. I've been keeping very detailed observations about the microcosm in which I operate. That's in keeping with my background as a qualitative researcher. But I think that it would be appropriate for me to (in my usual shadowy way) give 50 little pen-sketches of the bloggers and other personalities of this microcosm who have made these last few years so memorable. It should be a great 500th post. Heh.

And I promise to try not to persecute those who have already suffered from my observations thus far.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home