Monday, June 11, 2007

Creative Literature

I must admit I've been reading again. It tires and exhilarates the mind and body. It's a bit like full-contact swordplay.

But my two most time-wasting link additions are bonkworld and the great F&SF blog La Explanada de Avente which introduced bonkworld to me. Wherein lies their fascination?

Well, bonkworld has weird stuff, like this amazing tool amongst others. It will take the chore out of reading Dostoevsky. If only they had one for Tolstoy... and of course, it has nifty little plays like this one, which should have been a Theory of Knowledge introduction sketch.

La Explanada de Avente, on the other hand, is pure entertainment and commentary. It's also bilingual, written by a person named Tim R Mortiss. You have to suspect such a name though. It sounds too much like this.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Not entirely full-contact yet. A lot of us don't have the protective gear for it.

Right now, we just aim for the mask. Even then, accidents happen. I ran myself into my instructors sword, and earned a nice big bruise just below my ribs.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home