Monday, October 09, 2006

Wisdom Not

I have to admit that I have heard almost all the fifty phrases here, and they are often followed by the additional pressure of moral, social, and organisational intimidation.

My response is muted because many years ago, when I was a student, I read Power, Force and Violence. The authoritarianism of position, mechanism, and irrational domination tends to be deployed against those who would shift the status quo, and so the wise man learns to glean what he can, plant for the future, and live a long life of doing nothing. Or is that the wise thing to do?

Those who would disagree with my (so far unstated, but certainly guessable) position should at least read the list, and ask themselves whether or not they have used such language to my face.

Then again, I should confess my own lack of wisdom. Much against my rational philosophy, I have balked the system of its prey many times. Tax authorities, education authorities, others who have not done what is right - because of some, all or any of the fifty phrases on that list - these have been my targets. And I am convinced that while I have been unwise, some people are the better for it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreamers be that dreamers are
In their own world forever
Their little hands control nothing
Except to pre-empt anything

Nothing be that nothing should
When reality bytes
And the economy is right

Monday, October 09, 2006 9:56:00 am  
Blogger JeNn said...

It's the 'unwise' people who change the world...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:55:00 am  
Blogger JeNn said...

on another note, the writer of the blog to which you have provided a link is quite possibly one of only two young americans I find remotely intelligent. I'm hooked (:

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 8:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home