Friday, September 01, 2006

Daylight

Quick edit: I must thank every one of you who has shown appreciation, requested intercession, given thanks, wished for blessings upon me, expressed satisfaction, raised expectations etc. You, and the unnamed many others who have suffered me to teach them anything at all, in any way at all, are the reason for whatever gift I have and my use of that gift.

=====

Three things have come to me; four things have inspired me.

The first is of a rhyme written by a person who in all innocence flatters me, and to this I make reply:

Not fire nor earthquake nor wind in the night,
The ravens' King speaks in both silence and light;
The Master of men is the alchemist's sight,
True Lord of wisdom and my intellect's might.


The second is from the difficult creed of my professional life, taken from the thirty-second chapter of the book of the prophet Isaiah:

2 Each man will be like a shelter from the wind
and a refuge from the storm,
like streams of water in the desert
and the shadow of a great rock in a thirsty land.


The third is in reflection upon some words of that great bard of Cymru, Dylan Thomas:

I have sworn that my words will fork lightning;
I have chosen to walk upon water;
I desire to be light on a hill
Before the end comes,
Before I must leave.


And the fourth is in my heart, and there it stays.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


On this day, meant for you
I would like, to express my view
Thank You, for being like the dew
Fresh and clear, it is few.

In this world:

Passion - Oft Killed
Inspiration - Infrequently milled
Everyone, like the dude
Clamped down shut; stilled.

Hope lives on: you, part
Dreaming, actualizing and the arts
Believing, inching close, it turns dark
Teacher, you are the mark.

Friday, September 01, 2006 11:51:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what came to mind when I read your poem? This song:

Take my life, and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.

Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in cease-less praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be
filled with messages from thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use
every power as thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is thine own;
it shall be thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord; I pour
at thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for thee.


I believe that every teacher has vowed to do that and that's what makes me admire all of you. Because it's not just sacrificing for your students, but doing it for God. :)

Friday, September 01, 2006 2:34:00 pm  
Blogger JeNn said...

(:


cuz the mona lisa smile always could mean the most..

Saturday, September 02, 2006 1:57:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd.
-Edith Sitwell

Somehow, it fits.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 5:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home