Wednesday, October 06, 2004

WeBlog

Why do we blog? Do we blog because it first blogged us? Is it some perverse form of autographic didactomania? Or what?

I think I can't claim to speak for anyone but myself on such personal matters. So, why do I blog?

I blog because there is the faint chance that perhaps someone else besides myself can benefit from the peculiar fruits of my ratiocination. Maybe as the wanderer walks his peripatetic way across the realms, somebody might learn from his random musings. Maybe.

Functionally, it all began when I decided to compile the hundreds of posts I'd made on Usenet since 1995 or so. The thing about that part of the Internet was that it was difficult to track somebody's opinions down and see how consistent they were. A blog, in one way, can serve that function. I am actually writing less than I used to on Usenet, but at least it's all in one place and anybody can read through the slush pile and see if I'm making sense (at least, in terms of internal logic).

So for today at least, I'm happy that I can justify blogging for another 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home