Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Awake Beyond Belief

Each night, I only sleep 3-4 hours. This is a BAD thing, say the medical fellows - I will die about five years earlier than I should, because I'm not getting enough sleep. So I did a quick calculation.

Let's say I ought to be sleeping 7-8 hours a day. This means I am awake for 4 hours per day more than I should be. In one week, 28 hours; in a year, 1456 hours and a bit. I catch up a bit on weekends - about an hour or three. That still gives me something like 1200 hours a year (maybe a bit more). In fifty years of sleeplessness, I would have 60000 hours extra, or about 2500 days. Five years is about 1830 days.

Conclusion: sleeping less helps you live longer. The bullshit (pardon, b**ls**t) filter triumphs again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home