Saturday, January 08, 2011

Feeling Good

In the day just ended, I felt good.

I ate a bit of chicken. And some unidentifiable leaves. And listened to some amazing stories about peculiar happenings in the boondocks of the Middle Kingdom, from my tall and elegant musician friend.

Then I buzzed off to the place named after my maternal grandfather's clan and bought reading material. And I walked back to the Edges and bought more. Thus did I use up my many 20-ducat coupons which I had farmed during Üllertid.

Next up was the small haul. A haul is divided into three parts, as Kaiser Iulius might have said.

The first part was assembling the haul. It reminded me of one of those games where you wander around collecting odd pieces of clothing. The second part was conveying the haul to a place on the edge of dangerous, barbarous lands. And the third part was waiting in a dangerous place for a beautiful young lady to collect the haul. And well, to haul it away.

In such games, this is not your lady, but someone else's. Although you do get something nice as a gift, much appreciated.

Which reminded me of an old book on the games people play. This one, if I recall correctly, is White Knight, one of the few harmless and actually beneficial games that people play. I'm quite happy to be a White Knight, although my friend Wolff might snigger a bit, having been a real one himself.

When I got back, the mail had arrived. The Aedificium of the Triune had sent me a little package. Joy! Two copies of the latest journal, to which I had contributed a short article on finger food. Well, not quite.

More leaves for dinner. But also a large and well-stuffed omelette and a large bowl of porridge, with chili and ground pepper.

I had a good day, mostly. The cat was a bit miffed, though. He felt slightly abandoned, despite the fact that he had deserted me when his supper was served. Ah well, can't win them all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home