Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Bad Poets' Society

I confess to writing poems.
Most of them are sad slices
of words, layered like sandwiches,
bread-meat-bread and other schemes.

Sometimes I am more ambitious,
and they become like Big Macs™:
bread-meat-bread-meat-bread, some lettuce
with pickles and special sauce.

This was not a poem. Then I thought
it would be fun to break it
into slices and pretend that
I was really a poet.

If this were a poem, my friend,
it would be really so bad.
But it is not, so not so sad;
better still, this is its end.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh can I join this society too?

http://soloblast.deviantart.com

/Sorrows

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:01:00 pm  
Blogger Trebuchet said...

Sorrows: Only if you are really a bad poet. :D

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home