Friday, June 05, 2009

Insiderious

Today I ended up talking to QC. QC is a lawyer at a very prestigious law firm which might be characterised as a lily-pad. He was telling me about his accidental walk with someone with whom I would rather not walk myself. Some people, it seems, told QC that whatever happened to this humble writer was all a misunderstanding. Someone also said to QC that some people regretted the misunderstanding and bore no ill-will to the target of the misunderstanding.

QC told me many things about that someone. They were amusing to me, and I was able to remain calm and cheerful throughout. It helps that QC is also a good friend of my own immediate male ancestor and hence relatively trustworthy.

Haha, well, I feel like a djinni who has been released from some imprisoning lamp by a 'misunderstanding' and is not very keen on returning no matter what. After weathering much ill-will, malice and other inappropriate feelings from some people, it is good to be free. It is almost as if, now that the djinni is out of the lamp and able to wield his powers to his own advantage, the previous lampoons are regretting the misunderstanding. (I don't really think so, but you never know.)

Well, I understood every word quite clearly. If you tell me in simple words, and then repeat to my wife those words, "...not a good teacher, so might as well go elsewhere..." well then I am happy to be elsewhere. I don't think I misunderstood anything, and I am quite certain that accepting the nice big payoff and leaving was in my best interests at the time.

I myself bear no malice or ill-will. I must confess that I have had episodes of Schadenfreude at certain happenings, but I try not to feel that way. I told QC so. He laughed and asked me to do what he thought I did best: teach his offspring. Haha.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home