Friday, December 19, 2008

Letting Go

I remember that 23 years ago, I sat in the stillness and contemplated the loss of all my hair. We laughed at each other then. Today, we laugh at the future. But the fact is that we are old, and they are young. They are new subalterns, and we are alternates and perhaps not even alternatives.

The future is now yours, you who stand in our footsteps and scuff them away and build new worlds. As Isaiah 58:12 says, "And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called the Repairer of the Breach, the Restorer of Paths of Habitation."

Nine months have passed since I left the College of Wyverns. I am glad the wyverns have taken wing. I am happy, and even more so now. It is like coming to the end of a particularly long gestation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home