Sunday, September 14, 2008

Order In The House

There has been precious little to be truly amused about this past week. On the other side of the world are hurricanes and a truly awkward political disaster in the making, not to mention wonkiness in the financial world and insanity in the media. It is knockabout comic funny but not productive of calm amusement.

Meanwhile, I went off to my home in the west (unlike that son of Cain, I do indeed know how many houses I own) to do some tidying up. I was pretty unhappy to find that the erstwhile tenant had allowed the ceramic surfaces to develop an unaesthetic crustiness. And this was not the only symptom of disorder!

Alas, the library suffered in the move and needed to be rearranged. Whole chunks of it had been misplaced, displaced and randomly unplaced. I spent a profitable couple of afternoons setting things right. It was the least I could do for uncomfortable neighbours like C S Lewis and Charlie Stross.

Finally, I packed up the niece's belongings into neat plastic bags and the mostly disused wardrobe in one corner of the extra room. That young lady won't be in residence for a while, enjoying herself for the next few years somewhere between southern France and northern Spain.

At last, there is order in the house. The dread Anarch has been baulked of its prey and Chaos has been successfully withstood. It helps that Liverpool won 2-1 at Anfield and Arsenal won 0-4 at Ewood Park. A good weekend was had by me, if not by all.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home