Monday, November 19, 2007

Three Ladies

Yesterday three ladies commented on my previous post. Ladies tend to go in threes, like Lachesis, Clothos and Atropos. And many others of literary and mythological significance.

I am often reminded of Robert Graves's thesis in The White Goddess, which is a little strenuous on the archaeological foundations and the imagination, not to mention the intellect, but is downright sinister anyway. It is also a beautiful idea, whether true or not. It digs deep into the underlying basis of the world, the flesh, and the devil. But I don't think of those as three ladies.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali's angels eh haha?

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:17:00 am  
Blogger xinhui said...

*heartily agrees*

yep! all my most treasured girl friendships are either formed in 2s or 3s, or 2+2 = 3 (me being the common denominator or intersecting set ahaha).

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:48:00 am  
Blogger JeNn said...

I don't really like forming friendship groups in 3s, but for female friends I somehow do anyway... For male friends nah, not really.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:05:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home