Friday, February 09, 2007

Azrael Passing

I fell asleep at my desk, tired by what has seemed to be weeks of brain-strain. I dreamt that I woke, and a little figure about 10 cm tall stood next to the air-conditioner remote. It had the wings of a bird of prey, with a wingspan of about 20 cm. It also looked vaguely masculine, in the cold way that some guns have. It had too many limbs though, and I had the fleeting impression that it had too many eyes, although in fact it had none.

The little figure seemed to be forcing me to remember words from this poem. And it said, You have always wanted this power, and you have not known it. Now know. And the field that is ripe for harvest shall be aflame. This seemed, inexplicably and counter-intuitively, to chill me to the bone. I started, and awoke.

The frightening thing is that I am not entirely sure it was a dream.

=====

Edit: ah, this was only my 300th post here... tempus fugit.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha maybe the claws are more like paws too

Sunday, February 11, 2007 5:05:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lately I've been falling asleep at my desk too, and all I get are nightmares. argh.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 6:53:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sleepyboi: like a christmas break - a claus pause.

*grin* maybe the frightening part is that some of my posts are beginning to look like yours, van?

Sunday, February 11, 2007 2:49:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes indeed.

it is funny how sometimes after I post something, I come here and I almost think that I accidentally pressed the 'refresh' button instead of your link, because roughly the same words stare back at me..

oh well..hehe I do believe we are both roughly in the proverbial same boat, although I would not dream of trivialising your problems to such an extent - they are probably far greater than my piddling little itty bitty problems.

take care of yourself, ok? :P

Monday, February 12, 2007 12:25:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo thats a cool(but freaky) dream. How have you been since?

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:36:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello dale! how have -you- been? i remain me, which is the very least and best of blessings...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:47:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been great, thanks. Glad to see you're still you. Apparently I'm now a Nazi: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=17675020579094199926

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home