Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Greater Trumps: (04) The Ghost

There is nothing here. No image, and if this were a card, the card would be blank.

Then again, there is still something to see. There is a space. And anyone can see things in a space. Things unseen but present, things unknown but absent.

And so this trump is nothing. Worse, it is Nothing, and the Unknown. And even this is not fully known.

=====

I am no ghost.

high on the mountain
turns the crane against the sky
white on white unseen

I am no ghost.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello sir =)

Keep up the interesting explorations of the ... Egyptian profiles?

I remember when I was I think 6-8, I had my fortune told by an aunt well versed in the tarot, on a set of chinese mahjong cards. Almost every card turned out white - a blank. I think I had three or four of those cards in a row. My aunt said it was because I was perhaps, too young.

I remember when I was 8-9, my dad tried his hand it at, I think, or perhaps it was my mum. And, surprise surprise, the cards once again read similarly...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. The mahjong tile with a frame around it, or nothing on it at all, is called the White Dragon. It can mean a tabula rasa, but it can also symbolise winter, secrets hidden just below the surface, or the unknown.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home