Sunday, September 12, 2004

A Piece Of My Mind

I think that once in a while, with Mnemosyne alongside, I am taken down the strangest pathways of my mind. Retrograde analysis. Pastwatching. Sometimes, I unearth stuff I used to think about, some of which I thought I had discarded decades ago, some of which has been merely lurking in ambush for all that time. Here's a statement I made a long time ago, unearthed from some ancient archive, a piece of my mind:

Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 16:46:02 GMT
quoth amc@moe.ac.sg:
>Specifically, societies always have problems.
>When there are enough of them, specific problems form societies.

I remember saying this. But I'm still curious. I wonder how people would respond (if they ever bothered) to such a statement. In fact, given the >15 years I've been online, I probably have enough of this stuff to forge a curriculum of my own. Now that I've started, doing it will probably be the only way to achieve one of the great goals of civilisation: true peace of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home